A few days ago, I showed you some little bundles I had put together for dyeing and this is the result of one of them. (Okay, okay, I admit it, it's my favourite result of that batch!)
Like the dyed mandallas I showed you, for the base I used a "failed" parfait dyeing experiment (when I hung them to dry, the colours ran); and decided to try a bit of a mini-shirbori technique.
(Here it is, ready to go in the microwave.)
Part of the experiment I was doing was to see what would happen with "burning" in the microwave. I've discovered that on my dyeing microwave (one I picked up at a charity shop) cooking my dyed fabrics on power 7 for five minutes is perfect. But if I cook it at 9 for four minutes, the "tops" of whatever I'm "cooking" end up with an interesting burn pattern
As you can see here.
Anyway, the fun continues.